If youre a runner heading to your first triathlon, this eight-week plan is for you. Runners World and tri coach Dara Wittenberg have created this program specifically for runners preparing for a sprint triathlon (a quarter-mile swim, 12-mile bike, and 5K run). Its designed to help you maintain the running endurance you already have, and help you to develop the swimming and cycling strength you need for the race. Most weeks include one day of rest, two days of biking, two days of swimming, and two days of running. Your swims will include pool and open-water workouts. As you get closer to the race, youll have brick workouts (combination workouts) so that you get plenty of race-day rehearsal. Youre ready for this plan as long as you can swim one lap of a pool (50 meters) nonstop and bike for 30 minutes without resting.
PLAN LENGTH: 8 WEEKSLearn More
WEEKLY ROUTINE: 1 DAY OF REST, 2 DAYS BIKING, SWIMMING, AND RUNNING
This plan begins with a 2-mile run and builds gradually, so that by the end of the 8-week program you'll be able to comfortably complete a 9-mile long run and do speed sessions at the track.
Start training for your best race ever! The pros at Runner's World can help you:
- Crank up your speed and fitnessrun 9 miles comfortably in 8 weeks!
- Increase the intensity of your running with routines designed by the experts!
- Gain strength and get lean for stronger finishes and top-notch PRs!
- Supercharge your running and be race ready sooner!
Train for maximum resultsfly across the finish line strong, healthy, and confident!Learn More
This plan will help you build up the endurance to run 6 miles without walk breaks and the strength to race a 5-K (3.1 miles) or finish a 10-K (6.2 miles).
From the experts at Runner's World discover the race-tested secrets for running faster, stronger, and longer!:
- Boost your speed to beat your best PR!
- Build your endurance with easy-to-follow workouts!
- Run a 10-K with ease-in only 7 weeks!
- Pick up the paceand nail any race goal!
- Get stronger, fitter, and leaner with expert training plans to get you going faster and farther!
Start a customized plan to meet your fitness goals today!Learn More
This plan begins with a 20-minute walk and builds up gradually, so that in 7 weeks you'll be able to comfortably complete a 55-minute workout that combines running and walking.
From the experts at Runner's World, get the right training plan to help you:
- Burn more calories as you get stronger, fitter, and leaner in just 7 weeks!
- Build your strength and run smarter with simple routines!
- Challenge yourself with expert-tested running knowledge!
- Slim down in just 7 weeks with 15-minute workouts!
It's never been easier to START a running routine!Learn More
Ready to run your first half marathon? This plan is for you. It is geared for those who have run for at least a year, and have been running an average of 15 miles per week for the last three months. Each week features three days of short runs, a long run, and three days of rest or cross-training. The plan also includes tempo to help you get accustomed to running at a faster pace. The mileage starts with 14 miles per week and peaks at 24 miles per week. The long runs start at five miles per week, and peak at 12 miles. Each day, along with your workouts, youll also get tips on training, nutrition, and injury prevention from the Runners World experts.
PLAN LENGTH: 10 WEEKSLearn More
WEEKLY ROUTINE: 3 DAYS OF REST OR CROSS TRAINING, 3 SHORT RUNS, 1 LONG RUN
WEEKLY MILEAGE: 924 MILES
LONG RUNS: START AT 5 MILES, PEAK AT 12 MILES
QUALITY WORKOUTS: STRIDES, TEMPO RUNS